June 9, 2008

hobbies that i can tell other people about.

so in b-school, i realized that i can't put "avid (voracious? insatiable?) tv watcher" down under the activities section of my résumé, no matter how accurate/reflective it might have been. therefore, in my countdown to rw-day (rw = rejoining the workforce or real world, not random walk or retirement weekly as suggested here) i've decided to try to grow some hobbies, seeing how athletics is obviously not an option.

with m safely tucked into his internship and fellow newly graduated friends acquiring real estate/having babies/generally being adults and doing adult-y things, i'm feeling a little homeless without anything tangible to call my own (sadly, saaby has passed on to the wholesale car market in sky). my first project? teaching myself how to cross-stitch.

you didn't honestly think i was going to waste my time on dried flowers and baby animals, y/y?

(image via subversive cross stitch)

No comments: