June 30, 2008

a day trip proposal, courtesy of my mom.


so on the heels of watching local news coverage on how floyd landis' appeal has been rejected by some self-appointed sports governing body, my mom apparently only heard "lancaster county" and then turned to me, asking if i wanted to go visit mennonite country with her. in response to my subsequent question of why i would want to sacrifice precious eating/sleeping/tv watching/doing anything but visiting lancaster county time, she listed the following reasons:

  1. there are chickens.
  2. there are cows.
  3. there are barns.
unfortunately for my mom, she failed to mention the outlets.

unsurprisingly, the trip is a no-go.

(sexy amish girl/strawberry shortcake-inspired costume via spencer's. please read the costume description at the site, as it is both ludicrous and awesome.)

No comments: