February 4, 2008

observed.

  • one ping pong table on the third floor of the academic wing, where duke's business masterminds conduct cutting edge research and hold office hours;
  • five minutes required to squeeze my pizza through the backseat of the delivery guy's car because his trunk spontaneously decided not to open (how said pizza got into the "broken" trunk in the first place remains a mystery);
  • one invitation notifying m and me that we are officially common law by calling me "mrs." and giving him my last name;
  • one crumpled up birth certificate courtesy of the US government, who borrowed it to issue my new passport featuring the most obese close-up ever;
  • three distinct occasions where i learned it is possible to cough so hard you barf;
  • one singular disdain for my strategic modeling class where i still have no idea what's going on because it requires so much logic... and thinking;
  • one student paper to be graded by yours truly, that when asked to justify a key decision via the written word, simply said, "please see pg. XX in YY textbook";
  • seventy glorious degrees of partly sunny warmth in the wondrous winter of north carolina;
  • zero non-white people in Wisconsin. seriously. i looked.

that just about sums up my weekend. hope yours was equally as amusing.

No comments: