January 16, 2008

my ego just inflated by about a billion degrees.

i'm pretty sure writing a blog and expecting someone else to read it is among the most narcissistic things i've ever done, along with asking my friends to hold up mirrors around me so that i can constantly look at myself while simultaneously telling me how freaking awesome i am.

anyway, so imagine my delight when i notice that readership spikes overnight. wow, i tell myself, people must really ♥ my inane pop culture references. or constant ongoing fodder about what i'm watching on tv.

but just kidding, it's (obviously) not me. i pretty much owe it all to being included in this:

BuzzFeed
Crushing on Michael Cera

it's really just the virtuous cycle that is ♥-ing michael cera. i post about my (inappropriate) crush, which in turn gets linked to, driving new traffic to the blog, which then inspires me to write again about my (still inappropriate) crush. amazing.

clearly, he and i have a special connection. sort of just like this, i think:



if michael cera was a baseball player, i would balk him. fo sho.

No comments: