March 11, 2008

apologies for going dark today.

i was incommunicado because i decided to take a quick jaunt down to my favorite vacation spot... DAYTONA. (woo WOO)

i obviously had to make it down in time for bike week '08 (let me tell you, they j'adore my 2000 saab!). i'm also sporting a budweiser one-piece in the pic above (thanks, A-B!), but the charmers at the orlando sentinel cut me off. in case you were wondering, i'm to the right of the curly-haired dude in the red hat... no, the one also wearing a budweiser swimsuit.

seriously though, i was really there for the coleslaw wrestling. because sometimes, with all of the pressures of school and life, i just really need to satisfy my urge to bodyslam someone into a giant vat of shredded cabbage and oil (which is their really bizarre recipe for coleslaw). i'm not sure who's winning or if there are amputees involved in the above match, but i hope they survived with however many limbs with which they entered the contest. coleslaw wrestlers are RUTHLESS.

this is my opponent, post-coleslaw defeat. she's not sticking her tongue out because she conquered death by leafy vegetable, but because she thinks cabbage and oil makes for the worst. cole slaw. recipe. EVER.

ingrate.

i just finished washing the canola out of my budweiser suit in the sink of my HoJo room and am celebrating my cabbage-laden victory by cozying up to an episode of cheaters, with a box of slim jims in one hand and the champagne of beers in the other (sorry, A-B!).

btw, the only truthful parts of this story are the pictures, the existence of bike week and coleslaw wrestling in daytona, and me watching cheaters right now.

No comments: